Do you send out greeting cards to your current customers? What about a simple thank you card after they have done business with you? If you don’t, maybe you should consider adding it to your marketing plan.
Greeting cards are a simple way to get customers to take notice of your company.
In this day and age, people quickly sort through their mail when they arrive home after a long day of work. When they come across something in a special sized envelope, they are more likely to open it. And imagine the feeling they get when they receive a greeting card from your company telling them “Happy Birthday,” “Merry Christmas,” or even “Thank you,” for using their company. This happy feeling will stay with your customer long after the card is put away because you took the time to let them know you care about them. Most people want to do business with companies that show they care about them.
Having a physical piece of paper in your hand gets read more often than something sent through email. One reason being that it is too easy for someone to accidentally delete the email or even for it to wind up in their junk mailbox. Placing a physical greeting card in their hands gets your company’s name and brand in front of your customer with less likelihood of them just discarding it before really looking at it. Most greeting cards get displayed at least for a short amount of time, giving your company’s name and logo a place to be seen by others.
Another benefit is that few companies send out greeting cards, especially for something other than the holiday season. Why not do something no other company in your area has probably thought of and let your customers know that you are thinking of them not only during the holidays, but throughout the year.
By using greeting cards, you are actually getting your name in front of the client without being intrusive. There is no sales pitch or asking them to do something, just a simple card putting your name in their minds.
Not Just About Holidays
Sending out greeting cards isn’t just about the upcoming holiday season. There are a number of different uses for a greeting card. Here are a few:
- Think outside of Christmas. Yes, sending out the yearly Christmas card is something most people have been raised to do, but Christmas isn’t the only holiday where you can send out cards. Easter, Halloween and even Thanksgiving are holidays when you could be sending out greeting cards which puts your company’s name in front of your customers.
- Birthday cards. Why not send a birthday card to your customers? This extra touch will actually keep you in their minds throughout the year because you showed them that you recognize them as an individual. And with that card, why not include something special like a discount or free item on their next visit. This will not only get your name on their minds, but get them to return to your business.
- Special occasions. There are plenty of times throughout the year that you can reach out to your customers for something special in their lives. A new addition to their family such as a baby or moving to a new house gives you the opportunity to get your business in front of your customer.
- Offering special coupons or deals. Why not send out a flat card to all your customers offering them a special Black Friday deal? Or send them a discount or free item if they bring their card back to you. These extra deals will show your customers how much they are appreciated by you.
- For your employees. Don’t forget your employees when you are thinking about greeting cards. Let them know you appreciate them with birthday cards, special discounts, or even a thank you card.
The Nuts & Bolts
When you have decided on the greeting cards you would like to send, it is only a matter of expressing your design ideas and allowing a graphic designer to do their thing. There are a number of different sizes, colors, and designs that can be used for your greeting cards. A folded card with matching envelopes or a flat card which is easily able to be mailed at a postcard rate. All you need to do is use your imagination.
And don’t think you will need to assign someone to address all those envelopes to be sent out. Nope, it can be done during the printing process. All you would need to do is have a spreadsheet with your customer information and everything else can be done for you, including mailing out your card.
Why not start using greeting cards as a way to show your customers how much you appreciate them? In the end, you will see how much your customers appreciate your extra effort.